Last week I attended a rather swanky party for the new RH Gallery (Leawood, KS.) Hosted by the Chairman & CEO of RH himself, Gary Friedman, benefiting the Children’s Mercy Hospital of Kansas City, with live performances by Larkin Poe and a DJ set by Rob Garza, this was easily the event of the summer season! Champagne was flowing (just water for me, thanks!), chic attendees were mingling and I was wandering around starry-eyed and testing each piece of furniture for comfort (wink.) What else would one expect from an RH Gallery in Leawood, KS? I tried to convince a few party-goers to dance with me, but you know, I guess it just wasn’t going to be that kind of party (boo.) I shared bits and pieces from the store – my favorite rooms and pieces, the shenanigans of myself and fellow blogger Dana of LouiseInLeopard.com, and more on social media (follow along on Instagram (@_TripleP).
The first floor is reminscent of classic Restoration Hardware, but ride the velvet-lined bench in the elevator to floor deuce and RH is instantly recognizable as both contemporary and mid-century-modern. Good riddance Restoration Hardware, hello R-H! Of course I loved the potted trees on the upper terrace (and the chandeliers, for the love!) and photographers were scrambling to know if RH would allow them to use the gorgeous terrace for professional photographs (weddings especially!) – I don’t think we ever got an official answer, but there was never a yes. I don’t usually let that stop me (said the devil on my shoulder.)
I’ll take two, please!
I think this could actually fit in my vaulted ceiling hearth room (it’s currently our family room, i.e. where the xbox is.) How cool would this be?! No?
5 Tips for Decorating your Living Room
- Search Pinterest to get ideas of what appeals to – colors, styles, likes/dislikes (I pinned a ton to my Home Decor Pinterest board.)
- Search online galleries and portfolios from retailers like RH, Crate & Barrel, or Anthropologie (to name a few) for great inspiration and ideas (for free!)
- Find your anchor piece – a rug, a couch/sofa
- Choose lighting. Lighting, lighting, lighting – it’s everything (and can sometimes be an anchor as well!)
- Find pieces to compliment the Anchor – artwork, paint colors, side tables, extra seating
Don’t forget to check out my home decor board on Pinterest – there’s lots of inspiration and beauty all in one spot, including these photos featuring rooms from the RH Modern collection!